In order to encourage applications from a wide network, Ecocity Summit 2023 will feature a General Submission open call. The work selected will form the in-person sessions at the summit. The design and curation of the programme will be facilitated by the Programme Committee.
General submission guidelines
Please read the guidelines below before online submission.
Who submits the work?
The presenting author must submit the work and will be the corresponding author for that submission.
(the presenting author is the lead person who would present the work should it be selected for presentation)
Presenting authors do not need to register for the summit in order to submit work, but must register to attend if the submission is accepted. The same person may enter up to 2 submissions.
Online submission via Oxford Abstracts
The presenting author will be required to create an account to use the Oxford Abstracts submission portal.
If you do not receive a confirmation email within a few minutes, please check that your submission is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the Edit/View submission page. Please also check your junk email/spam folder. The submission confirmation email will be sent to you from: email@example.com
Only submissions submitted through the online portal will be reviewed; these cannot be submitted via email.
You will be requested to input your first name, surname, email, institution, and address.
Editing submitted work
You can save and return to edit the submission at a later point up until 18 January 2023 (23:59 GMT). The work cannot be edited after the submission deadline.
The online submission is a simple step-by-step process and will ask you to input the following details:
Title - maximum 50 words. Only capitalise nouns and the first letter of the title.
Presentation type - poster or in person live presentation
Authors and affiliation
Presenting author - name, affiliation, and job title of presenting author (this person must be listed as the first author)
Co-authors - name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
Submission content – maximum 350 words
Submission style - submission must be written in English and in a narrative format (not bullet points). Submissions must be written using accurate grammar and spelling. Poor grammar or spelling may result in the submission being rejected.
We request for submission content to be written in the following Structure, Objectives, Content and Results/Findings.
Title (50 word Maximum)
Body of Submission (350 words)
Submissions are invited for oral and poster presentations for the following topics. Submitters are requested to identify which topic area (can be multiple) and concept type apply to your submission:
- Healthy Ecosystems
- New Lifestyles
- Regenerative Design
Submitters are also requested to identify the concept type:
- Case study
- Theoretical advance
- Future action
Additional information required during online submission
During the submission, you will be requested to identify if this is original work or has been presented/published or submitted at another meeting.
Publication of Submission
The text of the submission along with the names and affiliations, poster and/or additional documents as requested, will be published on the summit website, in the abstract document and on the summit app.
As this year's meeting is all about connecting communities it is important to identify during the submission where your work has involved any collaborations from the list below:
- Local Authority
- Private sector (investment)
- Private sector (professional)
Review and notification of acceptance
All submissions will go through peer-review carried out by reviewers selected by Ecocity 2023, this will be representatives from the Programme Committee.
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the submitter w/c 27 February 2023.
Registration of the presenting author
When notified of acceptance, the presenting author is required to accept the offer by registering for the summit. You will be provided with a link to register in your acceptance email. If a presenter fails to register by the 24 April 2023 , the submission will be removed from the programme and all related publications.
Withdrawal conditions and change of presenter
If you need to withdraw the submission or change the presenting author, contact firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 April 2023.
Terms and conditions of submission are/submitters declaration
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to submit. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors.
- The submitter is responsible for obtaining consent to publish the names of authors/co-authors.
- If the submission is accepted the presenting author must register to attend the summit. If this is not possible the replacement presenter must be a named author on the original submission. If an author does not register, the submission will be removed from the programme and any associated publications.
- The work submitted must adhere to the submission guidelines outlined above.
- This submission must only be submitted once for Ecocity Summit 2023.
- The text of the Submission along with the names and affiliations, poster and/or additional documents as requested, will be published on the summit website, in the submissions document and on the summit app.
- A submission as a particular presentation type or topic may be changed following a review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- Some sessions may be required to be pre-recorded this will be the case for any virtual presentations and the correct permission will be obtained in advance from the speakers. Live sessions will be recorded for streaming after the event. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the Summit.
- The last date for submission is 18 January 2023 (23:59 GMT).
- The presenting author (as indicated on the submission) will be notified of the decision of the review panel in the week commencing 27 February 2023.
- The decision of the review panel and Ecocity Summit is final.
- The presentation format guidelines, whether digital or on-site, will be shared in notification letters to the presenting author.
If you need assistance you can contact email@example.com. Please note that you will receive a Submission reference ID please use this in any communications to the team where possible.