Share your work
We are looking for research or projects that support our Summit theme of ‘Connecting Communities’ - urban solutions that explore and apply collaborative practices.
Proposals can come from any type of individual or organisation; we are looking for a variety of scales and typologies. We want to hear what makes your project innovative or unique in its approach or outcome.
Submissions take the form of a written 350-word abstract and up to two supporting visuals. The submission will be evaluated and selected by our Academic and Programme Committees to be part of the Ecocity Summit 2023 Programme.
HOW CAN COLLABORATION, PARTICIPATION, DEMOCRATISATION OF DESIGN AND TRANSDISCIPLINARY APPROACHES CREATE BETTER URBAN PLACES?
We have 4 topic areas that we hope will provide inspiration for submissions:
A focus on locally and globally restoring and sustaining ecological integrity through species diversity, ecosystem diversity, and genetic diversity.
How can we design, build, and operate our buildings and urban places, to have a net-positive impact on our environment?
How can culture, new technology, urban design, and governance enable sustainable behaviours, and a happy, healthy, and equitable future?
Finding ways to manage our natural and material resources to sustain healthy and restorative systems.
- October - digital submission portal opens
- 18 January - submission final deadline
- January/February - committees to review & select concepts to be included in summit programme
- By 27 February - successful submitters to be informed & briefed on what is required for programme
- March-May - preparation of papers, posters and presentation
- 6-8 June - Ecocity World Summit 2023